In between editing boring documentation on student assistants, I keep pondering my dream vacation. For those of you too terrified to click that link and really, I can’t blame you it’s a cruise. But not any cruise, no. I will quote part of the website:
You will have “absolute inside access”, spending a week vacationing in the Caribbean featuring 3 of Rock’s biggest artists, Journey, REO Speedwagon & Styx.
Journey, REO and Styx have agreed to this once in a lifetime experience for you, but space is extremely limited and cabins will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Relive some of the best days of Rock & Roll while you get up-close and personal with the bands. This is not a regular stop on a tour… your R&R Holiday Escape includes:
- Sail crystal blue waters on our exclusive 7-day cruise through the Western Caribbean (all accommodations meals, entertainment, taxes, and gratuities are included).
- 3 private concerts aboard the Carnival Triumph with Journey, REO Speedwagon, and Styx. This is an extremely intimate venue limited to 500 passengers and their guests.
- Not just performing…45 minute Q&A session with each band revealing 30 years of great Rock & Roll history (dig up the dirt)
- 2 complimentary Rock and Roll cocktail parties with open bar and hot and cold hors d’oeuvres
- Hand screened merchandise exclusively designed for the R&R Holiday Escape
- Trivia Contests
- Slot & Gaming tournaments
- Complimentary membership in the Ocean Player’s Club (this membership entitles you to special VIP privileges, promotions, specials and cash-back rewards)
- Rock ‘N’ Roll Golf Tournament for cash and prizes
- Chances to win memorabilia, CD’s, meet & greets, photo ops, and many more fun surprises to be announced
I don’t think I can take any more fun surprises, really. I mean, hot and cold hors d’oeuvres. In my mind’s eye I can see myself playfully flinging cocktail-sauce-dipped shrimp across the buffet table at Tommy Shaw as he pounds his fifteenth Corona and rocks back and forth, quietly mumbling, “please god has it really come to this i want to die.”