I went to the market tonight for dinner ingredients, one of which was white wine. Instead of buying a whole bottle, I opted for a miniature bottle, not quite so miniature as the ones you get on the airplane, but close.
At the till, the clerk asked for my ID. This is flattering at the age of thirty-mumble, so I cheerfully obliged.
I could have hugged her for the theatrical jaw-drop.
As I left and caught a glimpse of my shadow, I realized that my youthful appearance was likely the work of the yeti hat.
Still, I’ll take it.
I don’t even know if you can call this a recipe, but since it worked so well, I wanted to share it.
Course: Side Dishes
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 25 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
- 1 pound sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1.5 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 210ºC (convection) / 425ºF. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch or otherwise bite-sized pieces, depending on your daintiness. Melt butter in method of your choosing. Dump curry powder and cinnamon in melted butter and swirl it all up.
- Put potato bits in an oven-safe baking dish and drizzle seasoned butter over them until all bits are coated. Salt and pepper to taste — for me, this is two tiny shakes of salt and five grinds of pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then shake it up. Bake another 10, shake it up again. Turn off the oven but leave the potatoes inside for another 5 minutes. Some magic happens. Serve and enjoy along with a tiny bit of smugness.
var plantoeatRef = ‘0a9575e7e1’