There are many things I would recommend that you do on Christmas Day:
- Cook shredded Brussels sprouts with pine nuts and bacon and serious amounts of butter.
- Bake sweet potato pie. No butter in that one!
- Show up with aforementioned sprouts and pie to your friends’ home, where they are assembling a magnificent holiday feast, complete with gluten-free stuffing and Yorkshire puddings and gravy and trifle.
- Eat yourself silly.
- FaceTime with your faraway sweetie.
- Watch “Thor” and “Captain America” and “Iron Man 2” and “Avengers Assemble”. All of them! Happy Marvel-mas, indeed.
- Curl up in bed with two happy, snoring cats and just before falling asleep watch the mini-episode prequel to the new season of “Sherlock”.
I hope your day was wonderful, however you celebrate.