Sometimes you sit at home in a world that only exists in a collective imagination. (Credits below.)
Sometimes you go out into the real world and inhabit what a joyful fever-dream of a Kevin Costner-obsessed, seven-foot-tall clown who will never speak, only sing and grunt and command people to eat cupcakes while he sings “Under Pressure” at them.
Sometimes you are at work and an echo of your past heart walks in as your throat closes and you half-kneel, half-crouch, bargaining with time so maybe this moment could last a little longer than it surely will, bargaining with your shoddy memory which deftly picks exactly now to tell you that this isn’t your beloved but rather someone else’s beloved and can’t you see that all the details are wrong and it doesn’t matter but you won’t cry, no you won’t, not at work, not at a new job, and so you make all of your adult body stand up and smile and walk away.
And the rest of the week? You simply take pictures of the things that fill up other spaces in your brain, colors and shapes in pleasant arrangements, nothing too dangerous, nothing too bizarre: myriad mundanities that somehow add up to a life.
Credits for Second Life snap (vaguely left-to-right):
- Studio Skye – Enchanted Woods v2 – 4 (clearing) [resized]
- Trompe Loeil – Garden Bard Abode (no gardens)
- Schadenfreude Gunmetal Distressed Bethlem Apothecary Cabinet
- Schadenfreude Dark Angel Dress Form RARE
- .random.Matter. – Ire Cabinet – Rose
- Ex Machina Terrarium 1
- *HEXtraordinary* Chameleon Companion – Green Rainbow – RARE
- Apple Fall Books
- Concept} 07. Retro Radio – Cere – RARE
- Concept} Retro Radio – Books
- DIGS – Heritage Armchair – FLF Limited [MESH]
- junk. battered leather couch. brown. pg.
- Trompe Loeil – Antique Floor Lamp with projection lighting
- MIASNOW Home – RUG LOTUS 10 ~black to brown
Writing from: my study in Portland. Listening to: “Wasted Time” by Eagles.