I am passionate about connecting everyone with the resources they need to improve their lives. That is what public librarianship means to me.
Since 1996, I have worked in public, academic, and special libraries in the US and the UK. I am currently the director of the Tigard Public Library. If you want to know more about my professional background, it’s probably on my LinkedIn profile.
Here’s what I’ve written about libraries:
I am often asked by friends and family to fact-check news articles, so here are the resources I have used.
- BetterNews’ resources on fact-checking
- FactCheck.org: A guide for debunking fake news on Facebook.
- OpenSecrets.org: The Center for Responsive Politics is the nation’s premier research group tracking money in politics and its effect on elections and public policy.
- Politifact: PolitiFact is a fact-checking website that rates the accuracy of claims by elected officials and others on its Truth-O-Meter.
- Snopes: The definitive Internet reference source for researching urban legends, folklore, myths, rumors, and misinformation.