Recently I volunteered for Stacey Abrams’ organization, Fair Fight Action. I texted voters in Georgia to connect them with resources on how they can request their mail-in ballots for the runoff on January 5th. If you are feeling helpless or hopeless, I highly recommend volunteering your time with FFA or another organization doing this important work.
In the United States, 99,000 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19. My aunt was hospitalized on October 4th and died on October 22nd. My friend Babs continues to suffer from Long Covid. And the list of loved ones who know someone who has survived it (or not) continues to grow.
In order to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in my community, I wear a mask, wash my hands often, and avoid social gatherings. I work onsite at the library two days a week, where we adhere to stringent safety protocols, and work remotely the rest of the time. I hate this isolation and spend much of my time feeling sad and angry, but I make sacrifices because I want us all to survive this.
After starting NaNoWriMo, I decided to prioritize my mental health, which currently requires adequate time doing nothing at all.
My reading list now has its own page.
Right now I’m into downtempo, Soundtrack, trip-hop, pop, electronic including: Tosca, Leslie Bricusse, Halou, Helen Reddy, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Oompa Loompa Cast, Boards of Canada, Tricky, Air and Coldcut.
Here are the inks in my EDC fountain pens.
- TWSBI Diamond Mini Classic (F): Noodler’s FPN Dumas Tulipe Noire
- Pelikan Souverän Tortoiseshell-White M400 (F): Diamine Ancient Copper
- Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point (M): Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku
- TWSBI Eco (1.1mm stub): Robert Oster Schwartz Rose
I’m slowly developing an Airtable of my collection.
- Enthusiastic Encouragement & Dubious Advice, my favorite newsletter. I admire The Infophile so much, and I love everything she writes.
- Candles from Frostbeard Studio, especially Pumpkin Juice (pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon) and Spooky Stories (dry leaves, campfire, cocoa).
- Green Chef, a meal-kit delivery service to cut down on grocery trips.
This is a now page, and if you have your own website, you should make one, too.