I have been silent for far too long because I was afraid to alienate readers of my website. I now know that this silence, this ability to choose whether or not to publicly stand for justice, is part of my white privilege.
That silence ends now.
Black Lives Matter.
If that statement upsets you, you have two options:
- Educate yourself, and then fight for change. And keep educating, and keep fighting, every single day of your life.
- Go away. I don’t waste my time arguing this point anymore.
Last updated on 26 July 2020 in Portland, Oregon, USA.
- A little shocked by how excited I was to pick up a prescription from a pharmacy last night. I promise not to take the boring stuff for granted ever again!
- An unbidden memory this morning: I was once in a relationship with someone who regularly complained that I walked too loudly. In case you need to hear this: Never settle for someone with such disdain for your body that they hate how it sounds for you to move through space.
- I finished everything I needed to get done before my time off from work … and promptly fell asleep for three hours. 😴 I must really need this break.
- Criminy upside-down = hastily-assembled cat from a box of cat parts.
N.B. Because of the way that WordPress.com displays RSS feeds, you may have to click into the post to see the photo. WordPress, please fix this!
- TWSBI Diamond Mini Classic (F): De Atramentis Charles Dickens
- Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point (M): Organics Studio Nitrogen
- Pilot Metropolitan (CM): J. Herbin Lie de The
- TWSBI Eco (1.1mm stub): Robert Oster Schwartz Rose
I share my pen and ink favorites on my analog page.